Join the IU Cinema Team!
Be an IU Cinema Usher
See great movies, lead tours, and support the Indiana University Cinema. As a volunteer usher, you’ll get hands-on experience with day-to-day cinema operations, meet fellow students with a shared interest, community members and guest filmmakers, and be part of the newest addition to the arts at Indiana University.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive attitude and cheerful smile
- Team player
- Ability to deal discreetly and sensitively with disruptive or disgruntled guests
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A love of film, a love of people, or both
- Tearing tickets, showing guests to seats, distributing programs
- Ensuring guest safety, including emergency evacuations
- Answering questions about the cinema of films
- Completion of orientation and training session
- Attendance at monthly meetings
To volunteer, simply attend our next usher meeting. Our next meeting is scheduled for the first week of the fall semester. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the exact date and time.
Learn more about the position in our usher manual.
If you’ve completed your training session, sign up for shifts through MySignUpNow.com »