The Turin Horse
- Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 9, 2012 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:00 p.m.
The latest masterpiece from the great Béla Tarr is said to be his final film. Fittingly, the film is a haunting parable about the end of days, inspired by an event that was a catalyst for the final ten years Friedrich Nietzsche’s life to be spent in almost total silence. A rural farmer who lives with his daughter come to the realization that they will no longer be able to sustain themselves. The dying of their horse (due to its treatment by the farmer) proves to be the foundation of their dire situation. The film was the winner of the Grand Jury prize at Berlin.
(2K DCP, Hungarian language with English subtitles)