International Arthouse Series
- Directed By: Rachel Grady and Heidi Ewing
- 90 Minutes
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 19, 2012 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:00 p.m.
There was a time, not too long ago, when Detroit was heralded as the birthplace of the middle-class,
an industrial utopia. Today, Detroit is on the brink of bankruptcy. This cinematic tapestry chronicles
the lives of several Detroiters trying to survive and make sense of what is happening to their city. An
owner of a blues bar, a young blogger, an auto union rep, a group of young artists, an opera impresario
and a gang of illegal “scrappers” make up an unlikely chorus that illuminates the tale of both city and
a country in a soul searching mood, desperate for a new identity.
(2K DCP presentation)