Orphans Midwest Poster Contest
Design Details:All information below must be included in the poster
● Size: 12in x 18in
● Title: Orphans Midwest: Materiality and the Moving Image
● Dates: September 26-28, 2013
● IU Cinema website: http://www.cinema.indiana.edu/
● Additional Information number: 812-856-2503
● IU Cinema logo: Download versions here.
● Sponsors (can be in small print if needed): Presented by IU Libraries Film Archive, Indiana University Cinema and NYU Cinema Studies/Tisch School of the Arts. This project is supported by Indiana University’s New Frontiers in the Arts & Humanities Program and the College of Arts and Humanities Institute (CAHI). Other partners include IU’s Department of Communication and Culture’s Film and Media Studies Program, Black Film Center/Archive, The Kinsey Institute, Lilly Library, and the Media Preservation Initiative.
NOTE: Design contest winners may need to make minor edits to design prior to printing
Winning Design● Will be printed and distributed around campus and community, and will be included in promotional materials online and at conference
● Designer will receive their choice of a framed copy of the poster or a pass to the 2013 Orphan Film Symposium
Submission Deadline and Technical Specifications● Design submissions are due by August 12, 2013
● Design must not include copyrighted images, characters, or clip art
. Images from orphan films can be found at the Orphan Film Symposium Tumblr and blog, or at the IULFA Flickr or Instagram.
● Submissions should be in the form of a high resolution (150 dpi minimum) .pdf file
● Submissions can be sent to email@example.com.
● If submissions are too large to email, submissions can be in the form of a downloadable file, with a link provided